Starting July 19, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. India Standard Time (IST), India-based Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) that register (or that have already registered) the .ngo domain name will be automatically entered in to the #IndiaForGood contest – with a chance to win a grand prize of 300,000 INR or one of 50 runner-up prizes of 15,000 INR.
The contest is all about how you present your organization and its cause on your OnGood profile page(s). When you register a .ngo domain name you also get a directory page describing your organization, and a profile page for each domain name where you can highlight your mission, provide updates to your supporters, and showcase videos and photos. These profile pages give you another place on the web to showcase your cause; and we’re looking for imaginative and inspiring pages!
How It Works
Nonprofits and NGOs must complete the following steps:
- Register their .ngo domain name through a participating registrar
- Pass the validation process
- Complete their OnGood profile page(s)
The contest closes on August 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. IST. Participating judges will then score the entries based on the completeness and quality of the profile pages in OnGood. The winners will be announced thereafter. Note: The #IndiaForGood contest is only open to India residents.
Benefits of Registering a .ngo domain name:
- Only legally recognized NGOs, charities, and nonprofits can register the .ngo domain name through a validation process. This helps genuine organizations distinguish themselves from non-validated brands.
- .ngo websites and email addresses communicate to donors and supporters that your organization is credible, trustworthy, and legal.
- Get listed in our global, online database of validated NGOs, charities, and nonprofits.
Open to non-governmental organizations that are located in India who have purchased a .ngo or .ong domain name bundle from a participating ICANN-accredited domain name registrar, meet Sponsor’s eligibility requirements for the .ngo and .ong top-level domains (http://ongood.ngo/portal/validation), and are permitted to receive donations from foreign jurisdictions. Contest Submissions must be completed by 30 August 2016. For Official Ryles, including detailed eligibility restrictions, judging criteria, privacy disclosures, and requirements for receipt of the prize, visit https://pir.org/indiaforgood-contest-terms-conditions (English) or https://pir.org/indiaforgood-contest-terms-conditions-hindi (Hindi). Sponsor: Public Interest Registry, 1775 Wiehe Avenue, Suite 100, Reston, VA 20190, U.S.A. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.