Request Access to ORMS
Please contact Registry Services and Customer Operations to request access to Public Interest Registry’s Online Registrar Management System (ORMS) to electronically submit your registrar accreditation application to sell any of the Public Interest Registry TLDs including .org. Using ORMS expedites the .org accreditation process by allowing most application requirements to be conveniently submitted, with the highest security measures in place. Access to ORMS is granted to authorized contacts for ICANN accredited registrars.
If you wish to apply by mail or overnight service, please see the following instructions:
Registrar Data Form
Completing this form will provide Public Interest Registry with the information necessary to set up your registrar account. The Registrar Data Form is available in Microsoft Word format (to download the file, right-click on the “Registrar Data Form” link and select “Save Target As”). Update, save and print the completed form. Then return it to the address below. Faxes are acceptable. Unless marked otherwise, ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED.
Facsimile Authorization Form
When you prepare this form, you are granted authorization for Public Interest Registry to send your OT&E password and other key information to a fax number designated by you. Download a PDF file of the Facsimile Authorization Form and return a signed original to the address below. Faxes of this form will not be accepted. Once Public Interest Registry has received the Registrar Data Form and Fax Authorization Form, your Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) account will be established and your username and password will be provided to you (see Step 2).
Registrars are required to sign and return two original copies of the Public Interest Registry Confidentiality Agreement before obtaining access to OT&E. Both originals are to be signed by your organization’s authorized person. Mail the two signed original Confidentiality Agreements to the address below. Faxes of this agreement will not be accepted.
Registry Registrar Agreement (RRA)
The RRA is the contract between Public Interest Registry and you, the registrar. Download both RRA PDF files for the .ngo and .ong TLDs for accreditation with Public Interest Registry. In order to become an accredited registrar to sell .ngo & .ong, you must complete and execute both Registry Registrar Agreements.
In each RRA, please complete the required fields as follows:
- Page 1:
- Blank #1: Please leave “dated as of” blank as Public Interest Registry will enter the date.
- Blank #2: Enter your company’s legally registered name (as listed on your ICANN accreditation).
- Blank #3: Enter place and type of incorporation (as listed on your ICANN accreditation).
- Blank #4: Enter the address of your principal place of business (as listed on your ICANN accreditation).
- Section 7.1 Insurance: Public Interest Registry will not be enforcing the insurance requirement outlined in the RRA. Registrars are no longer required to obtain and maintain general liability insurance for accreditation with any Public Interest Registry gTLD.
- Section 10.2: Enter addresses, phone and fax numbers where you would like legal notices to be sent to you.
- Enter registrar’s name and complete registrar’s signature block at the end of the RRA(s).
Two signed original copies of the RRA are required. Return to the address below.
Financial Information Form
Complete this form using your organization’s information such as address, banking information, etc. In this form, you will document the amount of money you wish to establish as your account balance. You will also provide the amount of your account balance threshold indicating when you will be notified that you need to replenish your account with Public Interest Registry.
Company Formation Documents
Submit a copy of your company formation documents to verify your legal identity when entering into an agreement with Public Interest Registry.
Checklist for Step 1:
Public Interest Registry expects the following documents to be returned:
- Registrar Data Form;
- One signed original Fax Authorization Form;
- Two signed original Confidentiality Agreements (unless already executed and in force with Public Interest Registry);
- Two signed original Registry Registrar Agreements for each domain;
- One signed original Registrar Financial Information Form;
- Copy of your company’s formation documents.
You will need to contact PIR Operations once you are in the ramp up process for .ngo & .ong at email@example.com in order to complete the following two requirements:
- Confirm receipt and acceptance of the .ngo & .ong Operations Manual.
- Designate how a registrant will receive reminder notifications for activating the domain name. (This designation can be changed after accreditation at any time with prior notice to PIR Operations.)
All accreditation forms (RRAs, Confidentiality Agreements, financial forms, etc.) should be mailed to:
Public Interest Registry
ATTN: Registry Services and Customer Operations
1775 Wiehle Avenue, Suite 100
Reston, VA 20190