Marketing Communications Manager
To support Public Interest Registry’s growing business, we’re looking for a creative, proactive, and approachable Marketing Communications Manager to craft our strategic marketing programs, manage the creation and distribution of new content, and build new assets to tell the PIR story. This person will be content air traffic controller, responsible for working closely with customer support, demand generation, sales enablement, corporate marketing and both internal and external resources to build, catalog and distribute compelling content for non-profit/ngo registrant and domain registrar audiences.
The ideal candidate will share our passion for creative marketing, be collaborative, and bring to life innovative strategies to engage our prospective customers, influencers, and current customers. If you’re a HIGHLY creative, HIGHLY motivated, and HIGHLY ‘tapped in’ individual who wants to use their marketing expertise to help make the world a better place, we’d like to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the execution of the PIR public relations and content marketing strategy and serve as a liaison with the media relations team and other external vendors.
- Lead the marketing plan process including a situation analysis, competitive analysis, customer segmentation, audience analysis, key message development with differentiated positioning and value propositions.
- Build and maintain a consistent persona messaging platform that clearly articulates the offerings’ market positioning, the key differentiators, value proposition, and how individual personas benefit across the PIR solutions portfolio.
- Create and implement integrated marketing campaigns that translate the marketing objectives and strategies into successful tactics aimed at increasing awareness, providing lead generation and driving customer engagement as well as supporting the overall corporate strategy.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop creative, concise and compelling content which could include articles, announcements, collateral, website content, executive communications, etc.
- Oversee the development of creative and graphics standards and standardize all marketing client-facing materials including messaging adherence, grammar review, and brand guidelines enforcement.
- Drive efforts to measure the effectiveness of marketing channels and content by evaluating campaigns and sharing insight back to the business.
- Responsible for scanning the market and leveraging new and innovative technologies that help to build impactful, integrated marketing campaigns using web, digital, email, search, social media, PR and traditional print advertising to improve client responsiveness and engagement.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Position works under minimal supervision from the Senior Director, Marketing.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS in Marketing Communications, English, or another related field
- 5+ years successful experience in business-to-business, business-to-consumer Marketing, PR and communications in technology focused organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Highly articulate individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong editing, proofreading, layout and design skills, and the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Proficiency in preparing communications and materials on behalf of executives.
- Experience advising all levels of leaders in an organization on best practice communications and engagement.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of project management, collaboration, creative management and execution, and time management.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing solid relationships at all levels to support or initiate innovative practices with cross-functional teams in a global environment.
- A good understanding of the relationship between internal and external communications, as well as traditional and evolving channels.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to apply professional concepts, experience and company objectives in order to perform an in-depth analysis of situations or data to resolve complex issues in creative ways.
- Ability to network with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Ability to listen and understand information and communicate the same.
- Must be results oriented and customer focused.
- Proficiency desired with Microsoft Office packages, Adobe Creative Suite, social media channels, marketing automation and Salesforce.com.
To apply, please complete the following: