In organizing the Contest, Public Interest Registry does not intend to promote its service, but rather is seeking to encourage NGO’s to create and maintain high quality standards for the NGO profile pages.
1. Eligibility: Public Interest Registry NGO Profile Page Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all non-governmental organizations that are located in India who have purchased a .ngo or .ong domain name bundle from a participating ICANN-accredited domain name registrar and meet Sponsor’s eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”) for the .ngo and .ong top-level domains listed below. A non-governmental organization (“NGO”) who meets these Eligibility Requirements by the end of the Contest Period (defined below) will be entered into this Contest, unless it affirmatively opts out.
Eligibility Requirements for the .ngo and .ong top-level domains include:
(a) Focused on acting in the public interest. Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the NGO community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discrimination or bigotry.
(b) Non-profit focused entities. While many NGOs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of their missions, members of the NGO community do not recognize profits or retain earnings.
(c) Limited government influence. Recognizing that many NGOs have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs), members of the NGO community decide their own policies, direct their own activities and are independent of direct government or political control.
(d) Independent actors. Members of the NGO community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government. Participation in the work of an NGO or ONG is voluntary.
(e) Active Organizations. Members of the NGO community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
(f). Structured. Members of the NGO community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g., under bylaws, codes of conduct, organizational standards, or other governance structures.)
(g) Lawful. Members of the NGO community act with integrity within the bounds of law.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those NGOs that are permitted to receive donation from foreign jurisdictions (i.e., outside of India) are eligible to participate in the Contest.
The authorized representative of the NGO must be at least eighteen (18) years or older and may not be an employee of Public Interest Registry (“Sponsor”), or any of its parent and affiliate companies, promotional partners as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Public Interest Registry, 1775 Wiehle Avenue, Suite 100, Reston, VA 20190, U.S.A.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: All eligible NGO’s will receive an email communication from Sponsor describing this Contest. Failure to follow the directions to opt-out of this Contest constitutes NGO’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on 19 July 2016 at 12:00 a.m. India Standard Time (“IST”) and ends on 30 August 2016 at 11:59 p.m. IST (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
Permissions: NGO must have permission from any recognizable individuals, or their parent or legal guardian where individual is a minor, included in any images or video who appear on its Profile Page to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- Profile Page content cannot contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Profile Page content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, inappropriate, indecent, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
- Profile Page content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Profile Page content cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Profile Page content cannot promote terrorist acts such as providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- Profile Page content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about Sponsor, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Profile Page content cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Profile Page content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
Limit: Each NGO may create/update one (1) Profile Page for each domain name it owns during the Contest Period. In the event of a dispute as to any Profile Page entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register with Sponsor will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Profile Page entries; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: By accepting a prize, entrant consents to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination: A panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsor will select the fifty-one (51) NGOs with the highest-scoring Submissions from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Quality of the content included on the Profile Page (33%);
- Imagery and content on Profile Page makes a compelling statement about the NGO (33%); and
- Imagery and content on Profile Page demonstrates the NGO’s commitment to serving the public interest and its positive impact on its constituents. (34%)
The NGO with the highest scoring Submission will be the potential Grand Prize winner and the fifty (50) NGOs with the next highest scoring Submissions will be the potential First prize winners. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for “Quality of the content included on the Profile Page,” as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable winner from among the tied entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than fifty-one (51) winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email starting on or around 15 September 2016 Each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release (“Declaration”) as well as US tax document (W-8Ben), which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or does not comply with these Official Rules, it may be disqualified from the Contest. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: 300,000 INR
FIFTY (50) FIRST PRIZES: 15,000 INR.
The prizes will be provided to winners by wire transfer. Winners will be required to provide bank account details to Sponsor in order to facilitate this transfer. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per NGO. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after the end of the Contest.
10. Release: To the extent permitted by law, by receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, members, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. This clause does not apply to damage caused by Released Parties’ intentional or gross negligence, or fraudulent representation.
11. Publicity To the extent permitted by law, acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, location, Profile Page content, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. This clause does not apply to damage caused by Released Parties’ intentional or gross negligence, or fraudulent representation. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, United States of America; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
16. Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://ongood.ngo. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2016 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
To view the Terms and Conditions in Hindi, please click here.