Channel Services Manager
Public Interest Registry is seeking an experienced sales professional to serve as our Channel Services Manager. Responsible for developing and effectively maintaining relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 channel partners (registrars), the Channel Services Manager will develop and implement customer promotions and programs for channel partners with a focus on developing and supporting the adoption of PIR’s products in applicable regions. This role will support PIR’s registrar customers in an authentic manner, creating meaningful engagement and a collaborative approach to increase product brand awareness, recognition, and associated sales across the regions. This position will be accountable for the achievement of regional unit and sales targets as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the performance of registrations and renewals in all target markets through the development of channel incentive programs.
- Manages and builds relationships with Tier 1 and 2 Registrars, identifying opportunities to grow the accounts.
- Assists Senior Director of Channel Services to Identify and develop go to market strategies and demand generation activities across multiple emerging markets.
- Builds and executes account plans to maintain and grow client revenues.
- Conducts market research while developing and updating Account Plans for channel partners.
- Develops and reviews registrar performance reports to identify future strategic partnerships.
- Compiles registrars’ feedback and shares it with the Channel Services Team.
- Provides monthly ROI analysis of sales promotions and channel programs.
- Proactively trains Channel Partners on new and existing PIR services to support business development initiatives.
- Undertakes brand building and brand recognition activities to build PIR’s brand in the market in partnership with the marketing team.
- Provides regular analysis of current customer promotions and channel programs to Channel Services team. Analyzes and reports metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between programs and financial outcomes.
- Generates reports using the PIR Business Intelligence Platform, for Channel Services team and upper management on channel performance, industry competition data and ROI for all active channel programs.
- Tracks registrar monthly actual performances versus planned and provides updates and actions as required.
- Monitors competitor activity in the marketplace by conducting benchmarking activities.
- Maintains records of conference and meeting notes and activity for historical reference in Salesforce.com.
- Represents PIR mission and values in industry events.
- The ability to travel International as necessary.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- 7- 10 years of sales, account management, or business development experience.
- Experience developing go to market plans and supporting business cases.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Salesforce.
- Experience in Domain Names Industry is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Proven account management and/or sales experience.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent business planning skills, financial acumen. Ability to analyze sales financials and develop adjustments during a business year.
- Ability to overcome resistance, solve problems and motivate people to take action in solving problems.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a cross functional leadership environment in highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a globally distributed team.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Significant international travel may be required.
- Ability to access information using a computer for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Requires sitting at desk for long periods of time.
- Requires mobility within the office.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
To apply, please complete the following: