Business Data Analyst
We are adding a Business Analyst to our growing team. This role will be primarily responsible for data management and analysis, as well as reporting on key business activities. The analyst will provide information and insight to enable data driven business decisions that help us optimize operational and financial performance as well as increase value creation with our customers. The role will also have responsibilities for database development and technical support.
The right candidate will bring a combination of solid analytics and engaging communication abilities to collaborate well with colleagues. The right candidate will have the ability and drive to proactively collect requirements via discussions with customers, to develop project specifications, document project requirements, and communicate with all stakeholders involved in application development and deployment.
- Identify the intelligence needs of each department; assessing the “what, why and when” of critical decisions that need to be made to enable business results. Departments will include but not be limited to Finance, IT and Marketing.
- Uncover, gather, compile and deliver insightful, value-added business analyses and findings to senior management and their teams while fostering an environment of accountability for results.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Support the creation of high-quality and actionable dashboards and reports suitable for delivery to management and team members.
- Manage the quality assurance of the business intelligence applications that are already released as well as developed
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of key data drivers and opportunities within the business.
- Derive insights from transactional data to measure and affect consumer loyalty and lifetime value.
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Analytics, Mathematics or other related fields.
- 3+ years of direct and hands-on experience in data analytics, preferably in a similar non-profit and/or for-profit environment
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills at levels of senior management
- Hands-on experience with current analytics tool/s (e.g., Qlik preferred, Tableau, SAS) and data manipulation tools (SQL) preferred
To apply, please complete the following: