Request Access to ORMS
Please contact Public Interest Registry Operations at email@example.com to request access to PIR’s Online Registrar Management System (ORMS) to electronically submit your registrar accreditation application to sell .ORG. Using ORMS expedites the .ORG accreditation process by allowing most application requirements to be conveniently submitted, with the highest security measures in place. Access to ORMS is granted to authorized contacts for ICANN accredited registrars.
If you wish to apply by mail or overnight service, please see the following instructions:
Registrar Data Form
Completing this form will provide Public Interest Registry with the information necessary to set up your registrar account. The Registrar Data Form is available in Microsoft Word format (to download the file, right-click on the “Registrar Data Form” link and select “Save Target As”).
Update, save and print the completed form. Then return it to the address below. Faxes are acceptable. Unless marked otherwise, ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED.
Facsimile Authorization Form
When you prepare this form, you are granted authorization for Public Interest Registry to send your OT&E password and other key information to a fax number designated by you. Download a PDF file of the Facsimile Authorization Form and return a signed original to the address below. Faxes of this form will not be accepted.
(Once Public Interest Registry has received the Registrar Data Form and Fax Authorization Form, your Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) account will be established and your username and password will be provided to you (see Step 2).)
Registrars are required to sign and return TWO original copies of the Confidentiality Agreement before obtaining access to OT&E. Download a PDF file of the Confidentiality Agreement (version 11-22-2008).
Both originals are to be signed by your organization’s authorized person. Return the two signed original Confidentiality Agreements to the address below. Faxes of this agreement will not be accepted.
Registry Registrar Agreement (RRA)
The RRA is the contract between Public Interest Registry and you, the registrar.
Download a PDF file of the RRA (revised April 3, 2007). In the RRA, please complete the required fields as follows:
- Page 1:
- Blank #1: Please leave “dated as of” blank as Public Interest Registry will enter the date.
- Blank #2: Enter your company’s legally registered name (as listed on your ICANN accreditation).
- Blank #3: Enter place and type of incorporation (as listed on your ICANN accreditation).
- Blank #4: Enter the address of your principal place of business (as listed on your ICANN accreditation).
- Page 15, section 10.2: Enter addresses, phone and fax numbers where you would like legal notices to be sent to you.
- Page 17: Enter Registrar’s Name and complete Registrar’s signature block.
Two signed original copies of the RRA are required. Return to the address below.
Company formation documents
Submit a copy of your company formation documents to verify your legal identity when entering into an agreement with Public Interest Registry.
Please provide Public Interest Registry with a copy of the certificate of insurance per the requirements listed in the RRA, section 7.1. Per this section, the registrar is to obtain a Comprehensive General Liability Insurance Policy in the amount of at least 1 million dollars (US $1,000,000). The registrar shall maintain insurance meeting these requirements throughout the term of the agreement.
Checklist for Step 1:
Public Interest Registry expects the following documents to be returned:
• Registrar Data Form
• One signed original Fax Authorization Form
• Two signed original Confidentiality Agreements
• Two signed original Registry Registrar Agreements
• One signed original Registrar Financial Information Form
• Copy of your company’s formation documents; and
• Copy of your company’s insurance certificate.
All accreditation forms (RRA, Confidentiality Agreements, financial forms, etc.) should be mailed to:
Public Interest Registry
ATTN: Contract Administrator/PIR Compliance & Operations
1775 Wiehle Avenue, Suite 100
Reston, VA 20190