We are extremely excited to announce that our team, Public Interest Registry, will be partnering with Heather Mansfield of Nonprofit Tech for Good this year in the effort to maximize messaging about the launch of .ngo and .ong domains for the global NGO community!
It’s no secret that Mansfield has knowledge and experience with nonprofits and NGOs. For over 20 years, she has devoted her energy and skills to providing technology tips, guidance and webinars to these organisations to help them improve their online presence, engagement, and donor retention. Mansfield’s Nonprofit Tech for Good is respected as a trusted source, not only for information, but also as a staple in the independent sector that demonstrates transparency. For us, it was a no-brainer to reach out to Mansfield for a future collaborative effort!
As the longstanding operator of the .org domain, we too take pride in providing people like you with a communication vehicle to start your own movement; to share your passions, your ideas, your reasons, and see to it that your stories are told.
Soon, we will be launching two new domains exclusively for the NGO community:
- .ngo (.non-governmental organisation) &
- .ong (the translated equivalent of .ngo for regions that speak Romance Languages, i.e. Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese)
Unlike .org, .ngo and .ong will be exclusive domains, available only for NGOs around the world – to help them establish the level of trust and credibility that will in turn provide them with immediate recognition and greater visibility online.
Mansfield will be joining us at this year’s NTEN conference in Washington, DC (March 13-15) to talk about:
- the value propositions of .ngo|.ong
- the launch of .ngo|.ong
- how to register .ngo|.ong domains
- Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for .ngo|.ong
- what trademark holders need to know in order to get the .ngo and .ong domain name(s) that they want
- the NGO portal – a global online NGO directory that will provide organisations with profile pages and access to other NGOs, donors, potential business partners and volunteers
- early adopters of .ngo|.ong and the NGO Portal
Connect with us
You can find more information about our NGO initiative at globalngo.org.
Know of any (national or international) conferences or events that you think we should participate in this year to introduce .ngo|.ong? Do you have other comments or questions? Send us a message or on social media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube.