Earlier this week, UNICEF announced the launch of 7.org – a joint initiative with David Beckham to support seven development projects across seven different countries in the effort to #putchildrenfirst and protect them from danger.
7: The David Beckham UNICEF Fund not only marks Beckham’s tenth year as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador; it is a personal commitment and priority to create lasting change and provide help for children around the globe through fundraising, advocacy, and world leader influence.
For Beckham, “7” is also especially significant because:
- It is the number that he wore on his back while playing professional fútbol for Manchester United and the England national team;
- It is his daughter’s middle name;
- It represents spiritual perfection, the Seven Wonders Of The World, and the seven colors found in the rainbow; and
- Many cultures around the world do recognize the number as being lucky
(Photo by Unicef.)
“7 is a bold move, but it’s an important one.” – Beckham
Want to Help 7?
- Join David and call on world leaders to put children first in 2015
- Tweet about 7 at #Beckham7
- Donate to protect children in danger